Berlin by Night

So I have been in Berlin a couple days and unfortunately I couldn't bring my laptop to blog. However, I have decided to write a short post about my experiences with their night life from my iPhone whilst it was fresh in my mind. 

This is the second time I have visited Berlin and this time has been different from the last. I am here with my friend Miriam and we like pretty much the same kind of music. Although I like a lot of alternative and indie stuff, more recently I have gotten into two step, dance, trap, house and electro. I struggle to define genres that fall into these categories, but yeah I love it. Berlin has an awesome music scene and their night life really needs to be experienced to be understood. 

Unfortunately, the first time I was here I didn't get to go to the venue a couple of my friends recommended and I'm extremely happy I had a chance to this time. If you ever have the opportunity then go to this place called Wilde Renate. It won't be everyone's cup of tea but it was certainly mine and Miriam's. 


You enter the 'club' through a small corridor which then leads to a courtyard, with a vintage car on one side and a boat suspended in the air on the other. The courtyard is surrounded by fairy lights, and it doesn't take much to imagine this packed-out venue on a summer evening, which allows you to party til sunrise, with its 9am closing time. On this night the DJs were situated in a booth in one room, but other nights it opens up onto multiple floors. The venue appears to be a dilapidated apartment block which has been turned into a quirky club. On the second floor were four rooms divided by door ways; one for a bar, one for a dance floor, one for a chill out area (even with a bed situated in one half), and the final room had a wooden den, with wooden stairs that lead to a dark hang out made up of three leather sofas. 

The music was generally a mix of all the genres I mentioned earlier, remixes of old songs and mainly electro. I would give a more in depth description, but the alcohol consumption has sullied my memory. 


Sadly we did not last til 9am as England curfews have got the better of me, but there was something special about this venue and something I would not expect to fit anywhere else other than Berlin. There was no ridiculous dress code, no pretentious people, just good music, a cool atmosphere and an awesome, edgy venue. I enjoy looking good as much as the next person but I much prefer dressing relaxed and slipping unnoticed in a place than having to dress to impress those I'd rather not. I really don't enjoy this about nights out at times, too many girls seem to compete against one another for guys attention when really they're attracting the wrong people. It is more likely that disturbing men will be swarming you than those your trying to catch the eye of. I can't voice enough how unique Berlin is because it's not typically mainstream, although it does take a bit of searching to find these venues, when you do you will are likely to fall in love like I did if it's your kind of thing. 

Take care,

Laura May.

Comments

Popular Posts