Who Wants To Be Normal?

Who Wants To Be Normal?



I begin to wonder too often what in life is actually genuine. Everything just seems superficial and this paints a layer over everything and sometimes it is too strong to break beneath. I find myself asking whether a person is being genuine towards me or if it’s all a disguise for something a lot colder, less meaningful, even when you strip it down to the basics of body language and expression. You wonder to yourself, is that smile false or forced and what is the true story under it all? The main issue is the lack of honesty that seems to be apparent in this world and generation. We cover things up with other persona's and many people idealise this perception of being 'cool'. Well, it really depends what your definition of cool really is and personally I think 'cool' people are pathetic.

I like it when someone is not afraid to be a bit weird, a bit outspoken and a bit different from everybody else. I like it when someone can show their inner-geek on the outside, without the fear of judgement. I like people who are unique and don’t blend in with a crowd, getting lost amongst a sea of people. I like when someone stands out for everything I admire in a person, not because they are trying too hard to be different, just because they aren’t trying too hard to fit in. I like that mad guy who walks along singing to his iPod (he used to/still does go to Winchester Uni). I like that girl who has a million piercings and tattoos on her face. I like those people who make their own fashion, clashing everything that is so insanely diverse. I like those older people who remember what it was like to be young and still act it. I like those people who just have that ‘don’t give a shit’ attitude about them. I like when someone can embrace the fear of people whispering because they don’t blend into what is considered normal. What even is normal? How can you define what that word really entails? To me, the idea of normality seems boring, and who the hell wants to be boring? So yeah I like it when occasionally, or more often than occasionally I may be classed as weird. I’m not saying I don’t find it difficult to do things because I fear what people think of me but just think, life is literally too short and why not have the most fun with it? 

Laura May.

Comments

Popular Posts