“Live Every Day Like It’s Your Last.”

A couple of weeks ago I watched Now Is Good for the second time. It is one of the saddest films I have ever seen. I couldn’t imagine knowing that I was going to die, knowing that I had such a short space of time to fulfil everything I’d ever wanted to do and to die young, without truly living or living life to it’s full capacity.

You see people everyday who waste what they have, corrupting their lungs, poisoning themselves with illegal substances and misusing alcohol to the extent that it severely damages or kills them. At some point in life we all fall a victim to this but I think that there is an extent which is almost 'acceptable' and an extent that it is not. I guess it makes you realise that in some respects when you feel so incredibly unlucky there is still a glimmer of luck that shines over you, luck that you never really think of until you compare yourself to someone with a terminal illness. They fall into a trap that is never letting them go. They fight to grab every minute, hour or day that they can to make their time alive longer but then they lose strength and have no choice but to let go. Then just like that, they are taken from this world.

Some people are born knowing that they will live only a fraction of an average person’s life and they grow to accept it. I cannot imagine having that knowledge but I know I would never jeopardise the time I have and the life I live because its there for you to make the most of it. You can never predict what might come your way, for better or worse. So, “live every day like it’s your last.”

Comments

Popular Posts