My First Time Experiences

My Firsts

I haven't blogged in a while and I've been going a bit YouTube crazy the past week, watching a lot of Bloggers on there. I came across three of them that had done a vlog called 'My First Time'. It wasn't what you initially may have thought it would have been about but it basically had them explain some of their first experiences. So, I thought just for fun and to cure some boredom I'd form my own responses to ten of them and here it is!

1. My First Tweet…

‘Sitting in the library with @asheeleven trying to think of a name for media project group for @manipm’

The only reason I got Twitter was because we were told to when I studied Media Studies combined with English Language in the first year of uni. I got it in November of 2011 and then after this tweet I then didn’t tweet again until March! Admittedly, I never understood how to use Twitter and still don’t exactly.

2. My first love…

The word love is quite a hard one to define and the feeling that comes with it is even harder. I thought I was in love with this guy I went out with when I was fifteen and we do occasionally still speak but we live quite far from each other. We still get on and catch up sometimes which I think is nice. I think that love would feel entirely differently now as my more developed and mature relationships have shown stronger feelings. I think the word love is incredibly overused.


3. My first job…

Here I can cheat as there is no rule about it being a paid job (which I've not had one of yet). My first 'job' would have to be my work experience at HMV in year 11. I worked on the shop floor and loved interacting with customers about latest CDs and because it was around Christmas it was fun advising people on what to buy for their friends/family. However, I didn’t enjoy working in the stock room it was tedious and extremely stressful over the Christmas period. Also, when on the shop floor we had to listen to the same CD day after day – seriously not cool. I'm pretty sure it was someone from the Xfactor's album.

4. My first airplane ride…

I think my first airplane ride was on a Spanish trip in year 9. I think we flew? Or it may have been on the art trip in Year 10 (I think) where we flew to Venice. My family and I never went abroad much and if we did it was only to France or Germany where we’d drive so my first flight was on a school trip. I was pretty terrified that’s all I remember really and also how painful my ears were.

5. My first best friend…

Longleat 2013

Our London trip a few years ago

I am not actually sure if this is correct but I think my first best friend was and still is one of my best friends Georgia. I have known her since Nursery (4/5 years) and we still talk frequently and see each other. I think when you’re younger you go through stages of having different friends and petty arguments where you are close to someone and then not, but as you grow up you carry friends alongside you through your life. I was lucky enough to keep Georgia in my life since I was five and now nearly fifteen years on and we’re still as close as ever. I've always wanted to have a friend that I can turn round to and say I've known them since childhood and I definitely have.

6. My first car…



My first car is my current car. It’s a 5 door, Vauxhall Corsa in metallic blue which I decided to name Casper…this was also the name of my guinea pig. I had a great deal of trouble with this car at first because admittedly we bought it from a bit of a dodgy dealer who didn’t  inform us it was previously entirely written off which we found when we took it to the mechanics. My friends' dad had to enlighten us with its history and pointed out there were bits of glass in the back left door and the back left door also has a lot of trouble shutting. I have also had problems with the gear box completely going, my hand break messing up and now I have a nice leak in the back of my car somewhere. This was shit luck for a first car but it actually is a little trooper. I haven’t had many really bad problems with it and I drive A LOT. Though, after uni I will hopefully get a new car, as I’m starting to get pretty bored of it.

7. My first concert…

I believe this was Shakira at Wembley Arena when I was in primary school. I remember my dad bought tickets for all of us to go and it was really exciting. It was an incredible concert, honestly Shakira is a brilliant performer but I remember her being a mere dot in the distance and as nerdy as my family and I are we brought binoculars along with us. We were pretty much as far away as possible but I really didn't  mind that much. Now I’d hardly ever get seating, I much prefer being down at the front where all the action happens! I even went to V Festival with my family when I was about nine I think. My dad took me to see Jamelia and I was front row. I wanted to see Jamelia over Faithless…I’d much rather see Faithless now. Oh how your taste changes!

8. My First broken bone…

Thankfully I have never actually broken a bone or rarely been to hospital. I remember I hurt my ankle quite badly before but nothing as extreme as breaking it. I also really damaged my middle finger playing basketball at secondary school which was painful for a few weeks but that is it - touch wood!

9. My first holiday without my family…


My first holiday without my family was when I went to Majorca with my best friend Michaela and her family in 2010. It was my first beach holiday. We spent the entire week lying in the sun either by the pool or on the beach and I actually tanned for the first time ever; this is new for me as I’m painfully pale a lot of the time. We met a lot of other teenagers from Scotland, Ireland and other parts of England who were with their families and there was a big group of us which would go out in the evenings. I’m pretty sure this was the first time I ever bought alcohol under age because they’re more relaxed in other countries compared to here! This holiday is one of my favourite memories with my best friend.


10. My first blog post…


I have been into writing most of my life but I created a Tumblr when I was about fifteen I think? I’m not entirely sure but I reckon my first blog post was probably a ‘getting to know me’ post or a quiz - very original of course! When I deleted my Tumblr not long ago I looked back at some of my first blog posts and cringed a lot. It’s weird to see how my writing has improved and become a lot more meaningful than it once was.

Comments

Popular Posts